Posi Music Festival
5 Days of Amazing Events!
Sponsored in part by:
For Music Directors, Artists & Fans!
February 22 – 26, 2018
The festival registration price of $380 includes 3 communal lunches. A convenience fee of $6.95 will be applied to registrations.
Group rates are available for 3 or more from same church.
The beautiful Tampa Marriott Westshore
Hotel Conference Rate is $138 plus tax per night and each room can sleep up to 4 people.
Looking for the Totally Cool Song School?
Click the school bus to take you to the school page!
Experience the most awesome gathering of Posi Music artists on the planet!
The wildly popular Pajama Jam acoustic music showcases
Workshops and keynotes
Namaste Cafe (share a song)
The 13th Annual emPower Posi Awards
Schedule: (Subject to change)
4:00 – 6:00 pm Registration
Dinner on your own
6:00 – 6:30 Orientation: Karen Drucker, Richard Mekdeci, Sue Riley, Harold Payne
6:45 7:45- Welcome and keynote "The Power of One" with Richard Mekdeci, David Roth, and others. (No ticket needed)
8:-8:45 Greg Tamblyn Grace Note award and concert.
8:45-9:30 Opening receiption
9:30-11:30 Namaste Cafe hosted by David Roth. Share a song. Sign up sheets in bookstore
Friday February 23
8:30-9:15 am Greet the Day Sing-along with Faith Rivera and Announcements
9:30-11:30 Friday Keynote Music: The Ultimate Creative Force in the Universe - Dr. Garland Landrith
Music can take us from the pangs of separation to the joy of connection. Thus the great promise of the energy waves of music is to enhance the experience that we are not alone and that there is a greater connection that unites us all! . Furthermore, Science proves that our individual consciousness is united with and can interact with the outside world. Music combined with techniques such as EFT and HeartMath help us get out of our limiting left brain so that we experience that we are all connected through divine Quantum consciousness.
Hence Shifting either the audience’s or the performer’s consciousness before a concert would dramatically enhance the impact of the musical performance. The performer also enhances
Dr. Landrith gives compelling research that validates the power of music to alter consciousness both individually and globally, and tools to use so that we can all achieve Quantum oneness through music. In this presentation you will learn how to get in the Zone, release writers blocks, get 'high' by enhancing feel good brain chemicals, release performance fears, and manifest favorable outcomes with your performance.
11:45-1:00 Communal Lunch included in registration
1:00-2:30 Five Concurrent Workshops:
1. What Can I Do For You Today? David Roth
This is a simple question that may evoke a wide variety of responses. In this session, our well-traveled troubadour will ask you exactly that - how to be in service in the present moment and respond with music, engagement, open mind, and heart. What will result is a personal and communal call to action for what happens next, and how we can use our talents and abilities to move the human family forward in a mindfully positive direction.
2. Rumi – the Way of Love - Blair Tabor: This intimate workshop will give participants an opportunity to investigate four phases of the Mystical experience through the poetry of Rumi
3. Social Media Basics - Jacquie Fernandez-Lenati: This workshop will support someone who has limited experience with Facebook or Twitter. Instructions will cover social media jargon and basic concepts such as the following: My profile info, privacy settings, posting/tagging, liking and commenting, tweeting, hashtags, messaging and following/friending. Additionally, group and page admin skills will be reviewed.
4. The Art of Performance: - Karen Drucker: Being your authentic self every time you perform
“I’m taming my inner critic - you are not welcome here anymore! I’m taming my inner critic - allow me to kick you out the door!.” Karen Drucker
What would it be like to do a performance and truly “be” there - to feel all the emotions, to really hear the music, to feel the validation of applause, to really connect with your audience and not let your inner critic get in the way and judge what you are doing while you are doing it? Be part of a group of performers and fans and learn how you can be more connected and authentic every time you perform. Depending on the class size, some people will be able to perform and get supportive feedback and valuable tools to be a confident performer.
Whether you are new to performing or an experienced professional this workshop will :
*Allow you to get clear on what your intentions are whenever you perform.
*Tame your inner critic and take charge of your over-active mind.
*Get clarity on the patterns that we all fall into and how to break them.
*Get loving support for just being who you are!
This workshop will be a combination of group discussions, making music and having fun! Come give yourself the gift of truly being seen, heard and acknowledged for the gift that you are giving to the world. *This class is open to performers of all levels and also anyone who would like to come listen and be supportive!
5. Soul Prosperity - Stowe/Good
This workshop is for ANYONE who is ready to wipe the slate clean and begin creating major life changes! In this exciting 1 ½ hour workshop you’ll experience the power and magic of heart-opening songs, mind-expanding exercises, and the camaraderie of like-minded souls. Are you ready to place your order with God.com?
2:30 – 3:00 BREAK
3:00 - 4:30 Four Concurrent Workshops:
1. Bridging the Gap with Rap: Kim Belew
Is your community wanting to find a way to connect with a younger audience while also connecting with your longstanding community?
In this workshop we will not only explore the art of rap music but also how music can help bridge the generation gap in spiritual communities.
2. Instrumental Ensemble directed by David Ezell: Instrumentalists are invited to join together with other musicians in small ensembles. Ensembles who are well-prepared will be invited to perform for the afternoon banquet on Sunday. For those who preregister for this activity by January 8 we will recommend an ensemble group for each participant to join and suggest or arrange appropriate music. Attendance at both rehearsals is required to participate in the performances.
For comments and questions send email to email@example.com.
3. What’s A New Thought Song? – Richard Mekdeci Language is as important in our music as it is in our sermons. In order to define our unique theology and differentiate our music from traditional church music, it should reflect the sometimes subtle nuances that make a song “New Thought”. We will discuss what New Thought is, and compare some of our most commonly used songs to the criteria we create. Participants are invited to bring their own songs to examine or suggest songs for comparison.
4. Grain of Salt Song Support - David Roth: Receive constructive feedback from the group and from David on your works in progress or emerging ideas for your next masterpiece. You are ultimately the creator and expresser of your inner genius so any suggestions are to be taken . . . that’s right, with a grain of salt.
5. Native Flute Playshop - Armand and Angelina:
Are you ready to learn the Native American Flute? For Centuries, people have been mesmerized by the hypnotic sounds from these gentle flutes. This playshop will begin with a Native Flute smudging. Then we will all learn how simple this instrument is to master. All the notes are in tune with themselves so even those with no musical ability, can play lovely melodies.
We will have several practice flutes for those that want to try for themselves. We will also have flutes to purchase for those interested, along with detailed instruction books.
The Playshop includes playshop handout, a flute to use during the class and a certificate of completion with an A+ with extra credit.
4:30-6:45 Dinner on your own
7:00 pm All Music Matters Concert and New Artist Showcase
featuring this year’s Honorable Mentions
10-midnight Pajama Jam Late Night Acoustic Music Showcases –
Over 40 artists performing in in themed hotel rooms. Our signature event.
Saturday February 24
8:30 – 9:15 am Greet The Day Sing-along and Announcements with Daniel Nahmod
Saturday Keynote: 9:30-11:30 TBA
11:45-1:00 Communal Lunch: Included in Registration
1:00-2:30 Five Concurrent Workshops:
1. Manifest Your Dreams: Quantum Love Flow TappingPalooza! - Dr. Garland Landrith, Ph.D., and Jana Stanfield, Multi-Posi Award Winning artist.
This combination Workshop/Concert integrates Posi Music and Tapping/EFT with techniques borrowed from the Heartmath Institute, to move you into the “Quantum Love Flow” to dramatically enhance the concert experience and expand your consciousness so that you feel more connected with Divine Creation.
First we will use EFT techniques to tap (and dance) to the beat of the music on specific energy points on our bodies that will provide an experience of being “High on Life. Then we will use modified Heartmath techniques to create a deep, rhythmic flow to the music and enhance the deep feelings you have in your heart. We will also use Chanting as a way to further expand our experience. These techniques can be used by any musician and All are welcome!!!!
2. Song Critiques - Daniel Nahmod
Professional critique of the song of your choice. Perform it live or play it on CD and find out what works, and what doesn’t. Songs will be selected randomly, as time permits. Bring a lyric sheet.
3. Vortex Party – Faith Rivera: How to Get Out of your Funk & into the Fun
Some days we have that spring in our step and all is sunny in our posi-world. And other moments, we feel like Charlie Brown with our very own rain cloud following us wherever we go. No matter how positive-minded and heart-centered we are, especially with the headlines these days, we all get bogged down from time to time. Instead of feeling stuck and deflated, what if we could play, pray, dance, intend our way out of that funk?! Come explore and experience practical ways to turn around these hopeless moments in the direction of happiness, from frustration to freedom, anger to positive action. Using music, journaling, movement/dance, breath work, even facebook and other apps, we’ll build your own personalized “Turning Funk to Fun” toolbox to take home. Bring your smartphones, ipads, tablets and if you don’t know what those are, just bring YOU! And if you’re curious what a Vortex Party is – come to find out?!
4. Practical Breathwork - Shannon Plummer and Bob Sima
Breathwork is a field of study and practice that is deep and wide and complex. For millennia, breathwork has been practiced and taught for the benefit of mind, body, and spiritual enhancement by yogis, shaman, Zen masters, re-birthers, and energy healers. It is deeply rooted in much of eastern medicine and spirituality. Practical Breathwork introduces concepts that will immediately have an impact on, in, and around your life. Expect revolutionary information that will: restore nervous system balance, deepen meditation, revitalize health and well-being, raise energy and clarity, improve sleep and digestion, reduce cravings, magnify multi-level presence, and amplify connection to all. The content is presented in a format that is practical. Practical leads to a practice which leads to sustainability.
For more information, visit www.PracticalBreathwork.com
5. A Vision For You ~ A Vision For Your Voice - Megon McDonough:
“The Divine Intersection” that’s what I call the voice. It is the mid point between our head and our heart, and it is our Power Center, according to The 12 Powers by Charles Fillmore.
There are goals and then there is a Vision. We all set goals whether we know it or not. I have a goal of waking up, making it to the coffee pot, meditation and some writing etc… but what is my Vision for: my day, my week, my LIFE? And most specifically, since I am a singer, what is my vision for my voice and communication?
Please join in the conversation about Vision. What it is, what it is not, and what actions we can take to get more clarity around a Vision for every aspect of our lives.
We will be learning some vocal techniques, warm ups, exercises to help strengthen your voice – your constant healing companion – and play a few improve games for FUN! Because my teacher says if I’m not having fun, I’m not doing it right~Sing!
Break 2:30 – 3:00
3:00 – 4:30 Concurrent Workshops:
1. Drumming our Authentic Selves -Celebrating our Unique Rhythm - Chelley Seibert:
The world needs EVERYONE’s part to be complete. If your part isn’t played, there is a hole in the total piece, and the world can’t live up to it’s fullest potential. By offering your unique voice, the circle is complete. However, if you shy away, your absence flattens our vibrancy. WE NEED YOU! This workshop focuses on opening up the heart space and exploring our authentic selves thru drumming, singing and creating our own songs. Join Chelley Seibert in a session of creativity, humor and empowerment to carry into your week!
2. Instrumental Ensemble - David Ezell - continued
3. Purpose: From songwriting to Living Abundantly - John Stringer:
Whether you are seeking to write the songs you were born to write or just seeking to live life more abundantly, the principles that ensure your fulfillment are the same. Join life teacher and billboard charting singer-songwriter, John Stringer, for a workshop on clarifying purpose, intent and practicing alignment with your knowing so that you are living the life you came to live from moment to moment. The essence that you are has all power to ensure you fulfill all you are here to experience in a way that is blissful. John will simply remind you of how to choose alignment over resistance, bliss instead of suffering. The workshop will include John sharing some music, channeling and a live Q&A session.
4. Using Synchronicity to Empower Your Music – Sky Nelson
Have you ever selected music for a service only to find a miraculous alignment of meaning with the minister’s message that you could never have predicted with your logical brain? Have you ever found that a lesson topic or song selected months ago for a service just happens to be perfectly aligned with current events in your community when the day arrives? When we are in a state of flow, these synchronicities happen naturally. Living in flow is an essential aspect of the intentional world we are creating. But how does it happen?
Come join a workshop where you will gain practice at making the most of synchronicity, backed by Sky’s fascinating research into the Science Behind Science of Mind. Picture an apple tree branching above you, representing all the many possible future outcomes. Some branches have apples, some don’t. Using quantum mechanics, Sky has shown that the actions you choose to take determine where the apples grow and which of these branches you are likely to end up on. Thoughts are things!
5. Take a Bow! - Jan Garrett and JD Martin The Art of Giving and Receiving, Onstage and Off.
As performers and songwriters...as artists and teachers and leaders and speakers...and simply as creative heart-centered humans...our job is to show up in the world with our gifts and talents blazing, making a soulful difference for good as we go. Most of us are pretty adept at giving. But when it comes to receiving.....especially thanks and compliments and accolades...we can feel awkward and embarrassed. This workshop teaches us how to get big enough to take it all in, and then send the love back to the audience as an amplified energy exchange.
4:30-5:30 Meet the Artists: Bookstore
5:00-6:45 Dinner on your own
7:00 pm Mega PosiPalooza! Featuring previous Nominees
9:30-11:30 Namaste Cafe hosted by Jana Stanfield.
Share a song. Sign up sheet in the bookstore
Sunday: February 25
11:00 –Noon- Sunday Morning Faith Lift "How Your Life Matters- with Richard Mekdeci LUT
What if every word you said, and every action you took, had the potential to alter the world, or save lives generations down the road?
Would it change the way you relate to the world and those around you?
Discover events in history that were unknowingly shaped by a single action and realize your own potential to do the same as we apply the power of the Butterfly Effect to our own lives.
1:00 -2:30 Posi Festival Banquet featuring ensembles
3-4:30 Concurrent Workshops: or Song Circles: (Sign up in the Bookstore)
1. Social Media Level II - Reverand Jacquie Lenati: This workshop will support skilled social media users and cover topics including: scheduling posts, formatting photos for maximum viewing, advanced privacy settings, posting as page, multiple page administration, uploading files, and third party apps. An overview for how to effectively create posts to maximize engagement.
2. Hands Free: Writing Melodies Without an Instrument - Lisa Aschmann
This workshop is designed to inspire and encourage the writing and crafting of great new songs from the author of “1000 Songwriting Ideas”
3. More Music in the World - Blair Tabor: You don’t just make music, music uses you to bring joyful, healing vibrations to the world around you. This interactive session will help you find and create ways to let the music of your soul leverage the seemingly ordinary events of live into opportunities to bring a sense of delight, community and joy to each moment. An example is taking my penny whistle and playing while I am waiting for my oil change. Let the blessings of music overflow into your life!
4. Create Amazing Musical Productions for Special Services and Events- Elaine Penn and Nancy Pitkin
New Thought Churches have numerous special services and events. Music plays a key role in their success. In this workshop, you will explore how to:
• Select and/or write inspiring, new thought, topic-specific songs for important special services, Create a seamlesss, creative, musical production for these special services. Produce and Direct Musical Coffeehouses that serve as community builders and fundraisers for important projects at your church. Organize, rehearse and direct the show itself. Hire and direct the band and AV team. Creatively market the event to amplify attendance. Pre-sell tables and tickets for fundraising. Creatively theme and provide decor and food for the event. Organize and manage teams to support the event (marketing, set up, take down, food,tickets, table sales, etc.
5. Song Circles – Marcy Baruch, Jana Stanfield, Freebo,
7:00 - 13th Annual Posi Awards sponored by Disc Makers, "CD & DVD Manufacturing Made Easy"
Monday February 26
10:00 am Closing Circle and chanting -
9:30am 7th Totally Cool Song School, all day
Songwriting instructors include David Roth, Freebo, Faith Rivera, and Daniel Nahmod.
Looking for the Totally Cool Song School?
Click the school bus to take you to the school page!
Last year's emPower Posi Music Festival, was a jam packed weekend of music, workshops, and fun. Here's what some of the attendees are saying about the experience.
"Just want to send you a big hug of appreciation for the Posi gathering. It was really amazing. What a thrill to see so many remarkable artists working together to make such meaningful music. We loved it." (Flossie Ernzen, Licensed Unity Teacher)